Reading, writing, and spelling – it’s about oral language and building the brain for literacy! Success in reading, writing, and spelling requires a systematic way of learning, practicing, and applying knowledge about sounds, letters, and meanings of spoken and written words. Whether you are a classroom teacher or interventionist new to the study of language structure or a seasoned specialist, this course will provide an overview of the essential knowledge and tools to more effectively deliver structured word study instruction. (Recommended prerequisite: completion of The Language of Reading & Spelling webinars, Parts 1-4). In this webinar, we focus on how to begin using SPELL-3 assessment data and the SPELL-Links to Reading & Writing Word Study Curriculum with your students.
After completing this webinar, you will understand how to select the right model for implementation for your students and setting. You’ll be ready to get started with confidence with a step-by-step overview of SPELL-3 reports and the components and progression of the SPELL-Links to Reading & Writing Word Study Curriculum. You will also benefit from video examples and activity demonstrations.
- Gain an understanding of word study instruction and the three main principles of SPELL-Links intervention.
- Understand the models for implementation of SPELL-Links and when to use each in practice.
- Explain how to implement individualized treatment plans using SPELL-3 assessment data.
- Understand the components, methods, and progression of a SPELL-Links lesson.
- Build confidence in your ability to complete SPELL-Links lessons and activities with your students.