Whether you work in a school or private practice, in a classroom, small group or 1:1, and whether you are new to systematic word study or a seasoned pro, this course will provide you with the WHY and HOW to begin using SPELL-Links Wordtivities with your students to achieve the outcomes you’ve been looking for.
In this webinar, we focus on the framework of SPELL-Links and how to begin using SPELL-Links Wordtivities with your students. We start with a highlight of the main distinguishing features of SPELL-Links instruction—speech-to-print, multi-linguistic, and meta-linguistic— before offering an overview of SPELL-Links Wordtivities itself including its scope and sequence, materials, setting up and using a sound wall, selection of words and word lists, and suggestions for delivering instruction in a classroom, small group or 1:1. From there, you’ll experience the power of SPELL-Links Wordtivities as a word study program for all students through role-playing demonstration of several of its activities.
This webinar is intended for professionals who have already purchased SPELL-Links Wordtivities and are ready to get started using their materials, but everyone can benefit from attending this webinar.
- Name the language components of word study instruction and describe how each skill area is addressed using SPELL-Links Wordtivities lessons and materials.
- Create a sample schedule of word study instruction and explain how to select words and word lists for a SPELL-Links Wordtivities activity.
- Describe factors to consider when deciding how to set up and organize a sound wall and give an example of how to use a sound wall during instruction, during authentic reading, and during authentic writing.
- Demonstrate a whole class, small group, and 1:1 delivery of a SPELL-Links Wordtivities activity.
- Enhance your understanding of the materials, instructional format, organization, and scheduling of SPELL-Links Wordtivities instruction.
- Learn how to set up and use SPELL-Links Wordtivities materials, including setting up and using a sound wall in your learning environment.
- Boost confidence in your ability to begin using SPELL-Links Wordtivities and maximize student outcomes through more effective delivery of SPELL-Links word study instruction.