Want a comprehensive list of spelling rules? Looking for phoneme-grapheme correspondences? Morphemes and their meanings? Look no more! All this and much, much more is conveniently compiled for you in this word study treasure trove—a favorite with K–12 teachers and their students, too!
It’s easy to provide plenty of incentive, opportunity, and support for students to reinforce, practice, and apply their word study skills and strategies. Your students will be eager to use the colorful, dry-erasable SPELL-Links Word Study Resource and its markers with built-in erasers time and time again!
Use this compact resource to encourage your students to practice their word study independently. With everything students need to know—phonology, orthography, morphology—compiled in one easy to use package, students have everything they need for independent study and practice.
Skills & Content:
- Develop and apply meta-linguistic strategies to spelling, writing, and vocabulary study
- Sound out words and identify consonant and vowel sounds
- Map letters to sounds (phonemes) and syllables
- Identify stressed and unstressed syllables
- Look up phoneme-grapheme correspondences and alternate spellings for rhyming word endings
- Look up spelling rules
- Find different spellings of homophone words
- Connect letters of prefixes, suffixes, roots with meanings (morphemes)
- Develop spelling and vocabulary knowledge for derivationally-related words
- Strengthen and use mental images of words
- Prepare for high-stakes admissions and placement testing
- 1 vinyl-bound 48-page set of resource materials
- Dry-erasable worksheets
- 2 dry erase markers